Chemical treatments are a fundamental component
of our global water treatment solution.
Our experience in the field of water treatment has enabled savings of millions of cubic meters of water, as well as the protection of plants from corrosion, scaling, fouling and biological contamination.
The daily contact with every water-related problem has allowed us to consolidate a great collaboration with our Clients and our chemical laboratory to carry out a continuous research in formulating and testing new products.
WATER TREATMENTS FOR:
Thermal circuits can become complex based on the operating pressures, the type of makeup water, the use for which the steam is intended, the characteristics of the users, the length of the distribution lines, the quantity of recovered condensate etc.
To function properly, thermal circuits require a systematic and complete approach: prepare the feed water before it enters the boiler, protect and keep the surfaces of the boilers clean, constantly monitor the significant process parameters and maximise the condensate returns.
We have studied a line of chemicals exclusively designed for the treatment of boiler water and steam-condensate networks, capable of:
- Avoiding the formation of deposits in all water circuits;
- Minimising corrosion in the boiler, in the steam distribution system and in the condensate return system;
- Minimising foams and water entrainments into the steam, hereby ensuring the best steam quality.
A single day of lost steam production can, in fact, lead to higher costs than the cost of a proper water treatment program.
Scientific studies have shown that every mm of calcareous encrustation on the heat exchange surfaces increases the need for energy input by up to 9%, to satisfy the same heat demand.*
This problem also poses a serious safety risk. As high temperatures and pressures are reached in steam generators, if deposits hinder the heat exchange between the flame (and the fumes) and water, the pipes overheat, hereby leading to the risk of explosion.
Through the appropriate precautions we are able to guarantee:
- A long plant life to avoid costly downtime and unplanned capital expenditure;
- Maximum efficiency and excellent thermal efficiency;
- Safe and reliable steam production that avoids production interruptions;
- Saving of water and energy that immediately reduces total operating costs by 8-15%;
- Safe and risk-free operation;
- Minimal maintenance.
*Results of tests conducted by the University of Illinois and the U.S. Bureau of Standard
The efficiency of industrial cooling towers and closed circuits can be adversely affected by corrosion, scale, fouling and biological contamination.
These problems can be very costly as they cause the metal to deteriorate rapidly by reducing its thickness and strength, hereby resulting in loss of heat transfer by up to 90%, contamination or equipment failure, and health and safety hazards.
Also worthy of attention is the development and growth of algae and biological flora which, in a recirculated tower system, can cause the pipes to clog, thereby forcing the plant manager to make frequent stops for cleaning.
Over the years, we have studied and developed a wide range of formulations to prevent the onset of corrosive phenomena, scaling (antiscalants and descalers) and organic silt deposits (algaecides and bactericides) inside the cooling systems.
Our treatment programs are able to:
- Optimising water consumption through automatic control of purges;
- Increasing the running efficiency of the systems;
- Minimising maintenance interventions (replacement of heat exchange packs and descaling with chemical products);
- Controlling the onset of encrusting, corrosive phenomena and contamination by algae and bacteria, including Legionella as prescribed by the GUIDELINES OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH – 2015.
DRINKING AND SANITARY WATER
The efficiency of the water distribution systems of water for sanitary use depends, in large part, on the quality of the water they use as heat transfer fluid.
Good water quality prevents harmful inefficiencies, often consequence of limestone and mud deposits in the hydraulic circuits.
More recent thermal systems deserve particular attention, as they exploit the low temperatures of the carrier fluid but, precisely for this reason, can favour the formation of biological residues in the systems.
It is always necessary to intervene with an adequate water treatment system in order not to compromise efficiency and cause a considerable increase in operating costs, in compliance with the requirements dictated by the manufacturer of the individual components and regulatory requirements.
By maintaining the quality of the water at high standards, we allow energy savings of more than 10% for the air conditioning circuit and up to 20% for the production of domestic hot water.*
To protect the entire cycle of drinking water, from preparation to distribution, up to the protection of end users, we suggest specific treatments including:
- Descalers and Sanitizers for pipes and storage tanks;
- Anticorrosives and antiscalants for the hot and cold water distribution network, formulated with food grade active ingredients, compliant with the European Pharmacopoeia and the UNI EN reference standards;
- Specific bactericides for the fight against “Legionella Pneumophila”, in compliance with current regulations.
* Source Aqua Italia (Association of primary water treatment manufacturers)
WATER FROM REVERSE OSMOSIS AND ULTRAFILTRATION SYSTEMS
Membrane systems have been replaced classic resin systems for the production of controlled salinity water.
The membranes represent the heart of every ultrafiltration and/or reverse osmosis system and determine their performance and duration.
To protect them from the feedwater-related drawbacks (organic fouling and fouling due to suspended substances) we have created targeted treatment programs capable of:
- Increasing the productivity and life of the membranes;
- Maintaining the efficiency and functionality of the system;
- Maximising the recovery rate of the system up to 75%;
- Reducing management costs compared to traditional pre-treatment systems or the dosage of dangerous acids;
- Reducing energy costs;
- Reducing downtime caused by frequent washing of membranes.
Our line of chemicals for reverse osmosis systems includes:
- Anti-precipitant formulations
- Dechlorinating products
- Washing products
- Biocidal formulations
- Preservative products
- Remineralising products
Chemical-physical plants exploit chemical and physical to remove pollutants in sludge, thereby obtaining purified water that can be discharged.
Some chemical reagents (mainly metals in the form of hydroxides and insoluble salts) can lead to the separation of such substances by gravity.
The process consists of a series of more or less complex chemical reaction stages (acidification, coagulation, alkalinisation and flocculation) followed by a phase of separation of the insoluble fraction (sludge) from the clarified water by sedimentation and subsequent treatment of the sludge.
By providing a global approach of “wastewater management” we enable the achievement of the following advantages:
- Water purification in compliance with current discharge limits;
- Continuous control of operating parameters;
- Effective removal of heavy metals;
- Removal of organic substances;
- Possibility of recycling purified water;
- Remote anomaly management via ethernet;
- Reduction of energy costs and sludge disposal.
Our commitment is to guarantee regular and economical operation of the plants as well as an optimal development of processes that require water,
at the lowest overall cost possible. All chemical treatments are optimized and monitored over
time by our specialised technicians located throughout the Italian territory.
You can trust us. We have been working for you since 1983.